“How much time do you spend working on you? How much time do you spend working on your dream? In the last ninety days how many books have you read?” -Les Brown
The one thing that doesn’t ever change in our everyday, and never stops is time. With that in mind I’ve become conscious of how I am spending it.
Every morning I start by reflecting, writing and listening to something that will positively influence my life.
Today I wanted to share my morning inspiration, its a motivation video by Les Brown titled “Shoot for the moon, because even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” In this audio he discusses Life Purpose. One thing that stood out to me was a study he shared with another group Les states,
” If you began to take a conscience effort, to find out what it is your supposed to do, I say it can literally save your life.” He goes on saying, “Dr. Larcy Darcy who wrote a book called “recovering the soul”, he said human beings are the only living species who has achieved abdubious distinction of dieing or having a heart attack or stroke on a certain day.”
What do you think it the primary cause of this?
High Cholestrol, smoking, stress, obesity? Yes there all contributing factors, but studies show in this country more people have heartattacks on Monday morning between 8-9 am. “That’s when a majority of people get thier first heart attacks have them, 85% of the American public according to recent studies are going to jobs they hate, working on jobs that do not challege them. They get sick thinking about going, migraine headaches after the Sunday afternoon football game or 60 min the anxiety begins to building and come Monday morning they drop dead of a broken heart.”
Check out the video below to find out more, I encourage everyone to give him a try and if you like what you hear, I’ve listed 14 days of motivation videos by Les Brown.
- Day 1– Shoot for the Moon
- Learned the importance of happiness, practice, patience, and believing in one’s self.
- Day 2 – Making it today
- Tough times don’t last but tough people do, & whatever your dream is whatever that that great work is don’t let nobody stop you, & fight for it.
- Day 3 – Your Volcano
- Don’t wait till the doctors tell you, you have 6 months to live to appreciate life, do it now….”Love and happiness are like perfumes you can’t sprinkle it on others without getting a few drops on yourself”, what you give is what you get.
- Day 4 – You VS Your Volcano
- Live each day with integrity and turn a death ear to negativity
- Day 5 – Critical Options
- Love what you do, if you do you’ll find the joy in life.
- Les spoke of a woman name Shirley who wanted to cimmin suiced due to find out she had breast cancer and her husband leaving her all at once. So she called his broadcast staion to say ” Its nice talking to you les, ill be sseing you”, he knew something was wrong and ended up finding out her issue. He begged her for a chance to give her a reason to live. She agreed to give him one more day to meet up with Audrey who became diagnosed with muscular slorosis at a young age, which aused her pgysical deatarion and the inability to care for her children. She was interned a a nursery home and would call Les to request a song and say a few word for the listeners. Les met up with her at Allan Creek Nursery Home, and when they saw her she was “twisted and physically deformed, she had involunteer use of her arms, she couldn’t even fan a fly out of her face.” When they asked her how she was she responded with, ” Bette than good, and better than most.” Shirley was filled with tear and left with a commitment that she wanted to live and had no right to cut the time off and she left with a new determination and spirit.
- There’s a treasure in each of us, and regardless of what happens to us we can conquer.
- Day 6 – Decision to Act “Things we can do to harness our will”
- Whatever is holding you back from committing write it down on a paper. Look at it and realize you are in control of your actions and it has no power. Then write down 1-3 strong reasons why you want to move forward with your life and how it will be beneficial. Imagine your life changing in a positive way, realize you can make those things happen!
- Write down your reasons and you’ll see once you decide to act, and take life by the horns, dreams will become reality.
- In addition, this doesn’t guarantee your life is going to change from one day to the next or you’ll become strictly disciplined after you write or metalize your reasons but it will build towards a better future.
- Day 7 – Self Awareness
- Be courage’s to do live the life you dream of and be confident in ones ability’s.
- Pick 5 things you would do if you had the courage. Out of those 5 pick 1 and view the positives and negatives and realize you can make it happen.
- Don’t be afraid if you fail because you only fail if you don’t try. If it doesn’t work the way you wish to, look for an opportunity to improve or start something new.
- Day 8 – Self Approval
- DE clutter yourself from negative baggage both mentally and physically. Surrounds yourself with positive people and don’t worry about the others, simply let it go. Sixty seconds of anger is 1 minute of happiness lost.
- Make time for yourself and take care of you. Don’t be hard on yourself when you make a mistake, be gentle and make it alright.
- Day 9 – Self Commitment
- Commitment means no excuse is acceptable. Do things even when you don’t feel like it, because if you don’t it weakens the faith in us and people begin to realize they cant count on us because we don’t keep your word.
- If we keep our commitment we will be empowered and be able to produce different type of results in our life.
- Day 10 – Self Fulfilment
- Chose to rejoice in the day and find happiness . As, Victor Franco said , “The last of the human freedom is to choose ones attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose ones own way.”
- Be willing to use everything, good or bad, for your up liftment, learning and growth. Take everything you learn from it and then, move on.
- Day 11 – Keys to self motivation
- Write down what it you want from life and read it everyday. See yourself there, and ask your self how will you feel when you get, and what will it take to get there. Visualize yourself accomplishing your dream and constantly remind yourself why you deserve it.
- When you feel low or unmotivated pull of your life card to remind yourself why your doing what you do.
- Day 12 – The Power of Giving
- Be grateful for the things in your life and focus on what you already have.
- The more you give the more you will receive.
- Day 13 – Overcoming – The Last two 15 minute videos are conversations between Les and an interviewer. Les answer’s questions on how to deal with things when they seem bigger than us and the difference between working hard and working smart.
- Day 14 – Overcoming 2 –
I enjoy the first one, so I’ll be doing the 14 days of his motivational videos. Hope you enjoy these as well, and have a fantastic day!